This is a Shepherds Pie recipe inspired by Thrive Life. Unlike my usual shepherds pie that has a tomato base sauce, this recipe has the more traditional beef gravy sauce. This recipe uses mostly Thrive Life freeze dried foods. You can learn more about Thrive Life and purchase their products at wholesale prices using my link: www.what8ate.thrivelife.com
- 4 T butter
- 3 T minced garlic
- 1 c. Thrive Life Freeze Dried pulled pork
- 2 t. Thrive Life Chef's Choice Seasoning
- 2 T. Thrive Life Freeze Dried green chili peppers
- 1 c. Thrive Life Freeze Dried green beans
- 1 c. Thrive Life Freeze Dried onion slices
- 1/2 c. Thrive Life Freeze Dried red bell peppers
- 1 c. Thrive Life Freeze Dried peas
- 1 c. Thrive Life Freeze Dried corn
- 2/3 c. Thrive Life Espagnole Sauce (this is the beef gravy)
- 6 c. of mashed potatoes made
Saute butter & garlic until caramelized. Then add 6 cups of water and all the meat & veggies. Cook to a simmer for 4 minutes then add the Espagnole sauce and simmer for 2 more minutes to thicken.
Pour into a casserole pan. Top with mashed potatoes. (make potatoes however you like, we did a combination of instant potatoes & 4 red potatoes with garlic salt, sour cream, & milk) Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.